From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject Copying Tomcat <context> file with Maven Plugin and Cactus 1.6 dev
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:17:08 GMT
Hi all,

My directory structure is set up to have an embedded tomcat:

/src/java
/src/test
/src/test-cactus

/tomcat/conf
/tomcat/webapps/catalog.xml

The /tomcat/webapps/catalog.xml contains my JDBC datasource and my
environment variables.  This allows me to have these files seperate from my
/tomcat/conf/server.xml file.

However, trying to run this under Cactus I have the difficulty that my app
deployed under Cactus managed Tomcat is missing the jdbc and environment
variables!  The /tomcat/conf/server.xml that is deployed by Cactus doesn't
have the jdbc and environment properties.  It seems like though that if I
copy my /tomcat/webapps/catalog.xml to
$cactus_deploy/tomcat4x/webapps/catalog-cactus.xml along with my
$cactus_deploy/tomcat4x/webapps/catalog-cactus.xml, then everything works
fine..

Any suggestions on how I can maybe get the catalog.xml file copied over to
catalog-cactus.xml?

Eric