From Anton_Gr...@mn.man.de
Subject FormAuthentication with machine name
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:11:24 GMT

I already asked this question five months ago and did not get any answer

There was/is a Bug (17933) with FormAuthentication using not localhost as
the machine name
in the cactus.properties file (cactus.contextURL).

The fix was announced earlier for version 1.6.
Is this already fixed in one of the nightly builds?

I already tried two or three of the earlier ones but without success.

Thanks for any help!

Toni Grimm

Anton Grimm
MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG
IDP - Software Produktionsumgebungen
Dachauerstr.667
D - 80995 M√ľnchen

Fon:       +49-89-1580-1054
Fax:       +49-89-1580-911054
mailto:    Anton_Grimm@mn.man.de
Internet: http://www.man-trucks.com

                      "Vincent Massol"

                      <vmassol@pivolis.        An:       "'Cactus Users List'" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      com>                     Kopie:

                                               Thema:    RE: Login once using (FormAuthentication)
for all tests in a class
                      04/01/08 09:55 AM

                      Bitte antworten

                      an "Cactus Users

                      List"

Hi Matt,

hmm... There is a global begin(WebRequest) method. But it is called
before every test (it's the equivalent of setUp() but on the client
side). What we should do really is create the equivalent of JUnit
TestSetup but with methods names begin/end instead of SetUp/tearDown.
Patches much welcome :-)

> Longer explanation:
>
> I have a number of tests in my ContactActionTest - this test extends
> CactusStrutsTestCase, which extends ServletTestCase - nothing is
really
> Struts specific in this scenario.
>
> In order to simulate logging in, I've simply retrieved a user object
in
> by setUp() method and stuffed it into the session - this seems to
> simulate a login good enough.  However, today, I started logging down
> my Actions/Servlets with roles.  So now this doesn't work - do I have
> to have a beginXX before each testXX that logs the user in (with
> FormAuthentication)?

Thinking more about it, I'm not so sure that the solution is a method
that is called only once... Each test must set its own fixture. So you
should group test using the same fixture (i.e. user being logging in) in
the same TestCase class. Then simply use either begin() or even better
setUp() (it has direct access to the session) to log the user in before
*each* test.

Cactus is about unitary tests so each test must set its own fixture and
not depend on other tests or side effects.

Thanks
-Vincent