From "Paul Green" <Paul.Gr...@ons.gsi.gov.uk>
Subject CactifyWar task calling non-existent method void org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet.setFile(java.io.File)
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:50:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm posting this for a third time because email problems at my end have
left me unsure as to whether it has actually gone out or not. Apologies,
therefore, if you are reading it again. I'm currently trying to use Ant to
trigger Cactus to cactify a war file and then run tests on it. I've come
across a problem with a call from Cactus to an object in Ant. the method
"void org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactifyWarTask.addJspRedirector()"
is trying to call "void
org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet.setFile(java.io.File)" and a
"java.lang.NoSuchMethodError" is being thrown. I'm using Cactus 1.5
downloaded a week ago, and Ant 1.5 compiled on 9 July 2002. I've downloaded
and looked at the source for a later Ant 1.5 release, and the latest Ant
1.6 release, but the "setFile" method doesn't exist in "FileSet" within
either of these. Can anyone shed any light on this matter? Stack trace:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: void
org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet.setFile(java.io.File)
      void
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactifyWarTask.addJspRedirector()
            CactifyWarTask.java:602
      java.io.File
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactifyWarTask.cactifyWebXml(org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.deployment.WebXml)
            CactifyWarTask.java:663
      void org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactifyWarTask.execute()
            CactifyWarTask.java:422
      void org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute()
            UnknownElement.java:166
      void org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform()
            Task.java:317
      void org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute()
            Target.java:309
      void org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks()
            Target.java:334
      void org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(java.lang.String)
            Project.java:1306
      void org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(java.util.Vector)
            Project.java:1250
      void org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(java.lang.ClassLoader)
            Main.java:610
      void org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(java.lang.String[],
java.util.Properties, java.lang.ClassLoader)
            Main.java:196
      void org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(java.lang.String[])
            Main.java:235
void org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet.setFile(java.io.File)

Many Thanks,

Paul Green
Developer, JTU, Office for National Statistics
Tel (01633) 812524
Mobile (07720) 324594

Paul's pointless fact of the week:
Within minutes of delivering a speech on road safety, in 1957, Prince
Philip crashed his car.

For the latest data on the economy and society
consult National Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages
are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy
on the use of electronic communications
Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by
the sender of this message are not necessarily
those of the Office for National Statistics