From Alexander Cárdenas Benedetti <acard...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: XML output encoding
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:28:18 GMT
Ok, I'm going to try to be more specific.

I have a regular class named
test.com.xyz.model.web.FiltroCronologicoBeanTest that extends from
ServletTestCase, and I have several test methods, some of which have assert
or fail messages that contain spanish accented characters. i.e. "fail("No se
lanzó la excepción \"EJBException\"");" (Notice the accented o). If the test
reaches the fail line it would have to display that message on the output
XML that is displayed when you access the URL:
http://localhost:8080/myProject/ServletTestRunner?suite=test.com.xyz.model.web.FiltroCronologicoBeanTest.

Since the encoding is not the appropiate IE will display an error telling
that it can't display de XML page because it encountered an invalid
character. This display problem can't be corrected if I use XSL, although I
can manage to change the output encoding AFTER processing the XML with the
XSL, but the XML keeps coming with an encoding that doesn't support the
characters that I'm trying to display.

The same problem happens if you have an exception thrown by some method that
you're testing that contains a non UTF-8 character.

In summary: all I want to do is to switch some property that let me change
the output XML encoding from UTF (or whatever it is) to ISO-8859-1.

Thank you.

http://messenger.latam.msn.com/