From Daniel Rabe <dr...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Struts, Cactus, multiple config.xml files
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:13:06 GMT
Vincent,

Thanks for the explanation - that makes sense.

I use the ant <cactifywar> task to generate the cactus web.xml. Is there any
way to get <cactifywar> to automatically copy these parameters to the
ServletRedirector entry?

Daniel Rabe

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@pivolis.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2004 3:10 PM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: Struts, Cactus, multiple config.xml files

Hi Daniel,

The way Cactus currently works is by calling the Servlet redirector (and not
your servlet under test). Thus if you have any web.xml parameters you need
to set them under the servlet redirector, so that they appear in the
"config" object available in your ServletTestCase. Alternatively you can
call config.setInitParameter() from your test (it simulates init-parameters
in web.xml).

Hope it helps,
-Vincent

but
> then I decided to split up my struts-config.xml file because it was
> getting large. In the web.xml, I use a comma-separated list of my
> config.xml
files