From "Mike Kenny - CPX Mngd Services" <Mike.Ke...@Comparex.co.za>
Subject Problem with Tomcat Quckstart demonstration
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:58:43 GMT
Hi,

apologies if this is a dumb question, but I am just trying to walk through the intoductory
tutorial to start to gain an understanding of cactus. My problem is that after creating the
SampleServlet and TestSampleServlet classes, editing the web.xml, deploying the classes, restarting
tomcat and entering the url, I receive

org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to get the test results at [http://localhost:8080/test/ServletRedirector]
at

followed by a stack trace.

I am pretty sure that I must have copied somethng down incorrectly from the web site, but
can't see what it might be. If the entire stack trace is required I can post it, right now
it is bit difficult as that system is not on a network. In any case the trace only refers
to entry points within the org.apache package.

I am using tomcat 4.1.27 and cactus 1.5

Thanks

Kind Regards,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>

Mike Kenny

Principal Consultant

Managed Services

Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd

Tel:        +27 (0)11 266 5703

Cell:        +27 (0)83 266 1437

Fax:         +27 (0)99 999 9999

Email:       mike.kenny@Comparex.co.za <mailto:imike.kenny@Comparex.co.za>

Web Site: www.Comparex.co.za

NOTICES:

(1) This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
 If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at Comparex Africa (Pty)
Ltd immediately. Any unauthorised use, alteration or dissemination is prohibited.

(2) Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss whether it be direct,
indirect or consequential, arising from information made available and actions resulting there
from.

(3) Please note that Comparex Africa only binds itself by way of signed agreements. "Signed"
refers to a hand-written signature, excluding any signature appended by "electronic communication"
as defined in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, no. 25 of 2002.

(4) Directors: P.A. Watt, A.C. Farthing, M.W.  Schoeman

(5) Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd Company Registration Number: 1993/003683/07