From "Brian Topping" <topp...@bill2.com>
Subject RE: Classpath issue with cactus plugin for maven
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:36:19 GMT
Hi Vincent,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@pivolis.com]
> Subject: RE: Classpath issue with cactus plugin for maven
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> Why do you mention cookies?

Yes, bad amerikan humor, it was a long day of slow progress.  apologies.
must be more careful when typing as a zombie.

> The reason of your error is:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: junit/framework/TestListener
>
> JUnit is loaded automatically by the Cactus plugin. Thus it
> simply means
> that:
> - either junit-3.8.1 is not present in your local repository
> - or that it is but it's corrupted
>
> Can you please check that?

Indeed, that was the first thing I checked, but I checked it again to be
sure.  The jar is there properly as ${lib.repo}/junit/jars/junit-3.8.1.jar,
and the md5 matches.  I have a dependency in the top level project.xml of:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <version>3.8.1</version>
        </dependency>

... but is this dependency even necessary?

thanks!

-b