From Matt Raible <m...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject Re: Login once using (FormAuthentication) for all tests in a class
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 00:47:59 GMT
A visual might be better.  In my BaseStrutsTestCase class I have a
login method that is designed so all subclasses can use it.

     public void login(WebRequest request) {
         request.setRedirectorName("ServletRedirectorSecure");
         request.setAuthentication(new FormAuthentication(
                 login.getString("username"),
                 login.getString("encryptedPassword")));
     }

And in my ContactActionTest, I have to login for each method - below is
a trimmed down version of all my begin/test methods:

     public void beginEdit(WebRequest wr) { login(wr); }

     public void testEdit() throws Exception {
     }

     public void beginSave(WebRequest wr) { login(wr); }

     public void testSave() throws Exception {
     }

     public void beginSearch(WebRequest wr) { login(wr); }

     public void testSearch() throws Exception {
     }

     public void beginDisplayContactsForPosition(WebRequest wr) {
login(wr); }

     public void testDisplayContactsForPosition() throws Exception {
     }

     public void beginPostJobs(WebRequest wr) { login(wr); }

     public void testPostJobs() throws Exception {
     }

     public void beginRemove(WebRequest wr) { login(wr); }

     public void testRemove() throws Exception {
     }

I'd like to get rid of all the beginXX methods, or a confirmation that
this is the easiest way to do this.

Thanks,

Matt