From "Quinten Verheyen" <q.verhe...@ringring.be>
Subject cactus ant task on existing container ?
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:45:27 GMT
Hi,

I'm confused about using the cactus ant task with an existing container configuration.

A tomcat container is running on my machine with a different webapps dir instead of the standard
webapps dir in the tomcat root.

When running test cases I started first with building a cactified war that would then be deployed
on the webapps dir of that container. Then my test cases were run via the browser method,
everything worked fine.

When I want to automate the process via the ant task, I am puzzled ..

The way I understand it, using the <cactus> task installs a new Tomcat container with
possibly minimum config to a temp dir.

But, .. I need to run the tests on the existing tomcat container, not on a new one ! It is
running several other libraries that have nothing to do with my test cases, but they are used
by the classes that are tested. Objects that are in memory, etc.

So, is there a way to automatically run cactus unit tests on an existing container (like I
did with the non-automatic browser method) ?

Thx in advance..