From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Classpath issue with cactus plugin for maven
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:53:45 GMT
Hi Brian,

apologies.
> must be more careful when typing as a zombie.

Hehe... I took it literally for meaning HTTP cookies. Too much
programming on my side... ;-)

> > The reason of your error is:
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: junit/framework/TestListener
> >
> > JUnit is loaded automatically by the Cactus plugin. Thus it
> > simply means
> > that:
> > - either junit-3.8.1 is not present in your local repository
> > - or that it is but it's corrupted
> >
> > Can you please check that?
>
> Indeed, that was the first thing I checked, but I checked it again to
be
> sure.  The jar is there properly as ${lib.repo}/junit/jars/junit-
> 3.8.1.jar,
> and the md5 matches.  I have a dependency in the top level project.xml
of:

>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>junit</groupId>
>             <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
>             <version>3.8.1</version>
>         </dependency>
>
> ... but is this dependency even necessary?

No it isn't actually. It's added automatically by the cactus plugin. Can
you try without (although I don't see why it would work better)?

Another thing to try: can you use the EJB sample application in Cactus
CVS and see if it works. It's located in
jakarta-cactus/integration/maven/samples/ejb/

Thanks
-Vincent

> thanks!
>
> -b
>

> > Thanks
> > -Vincent

It
> > would
> > > appear that there is something horribly wrong with my classpath,
but
> > the
> > > goal
> > > works just fine from the ejb subproject.  And I have added
> > JUnit (and
> > > confirmed the version) to the top level project and blew away the
> > caches.
> > > Still no dice.
> > >
> > > TestListener is an interface with no imports, so it shouldn't be a
> > > transitive
> > >
> > > Strange... any thoughts appreciated.
> > >
> > > -b
> > >

> > > Root cause
> > > taskdef class org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactusTask cannot
be
> > found
> > >         at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.addDefinition(Definer.java:240)
> > >         at
> > org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.execute(Definer.java:208)
> > >         at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:341)
> > >         at
> > org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag.doTag(AntTag.java:232)
> > >         at
> > org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:279)
> > >         at

org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:135)
> > >         at

org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:233)
> > >         at
> > > com.werken.werkz.jelly.GoalTag$1.performAction(GoalTag.java:128)
> > >         at com.werken.werkz.Goal.fire(Goal.java:639)
> > >         at com.werken.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:575)
> > >         at com.werken.werkz.Goal.attainPrecursors(Goal.java:488)
> > >         at com.werken.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:573)
> > >         at
> > >
> > org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.attainGoals(PluginManage
> > r.java:448
> > )
> > >         at
> > > org.apache.maven.MavenSession.attainGoals(MavenSession.java:348)
> > >         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:546)
> > >         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1113)
> > >         at
> > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> > >         at
> > >
> > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccess
> > orImpl.jav
> > a:
> > > 39)
> > >         at
> > >
> > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMeth
> > odAccessor
> > Im
> > > pl.
> > > java:25)
> > >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> > >         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
> > >         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
> > > Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> > junit/framework/TestListener
> > >         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
> > >         at
> > java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1610)
> > >         at
java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1169)
> > >         at
> > >
> > org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.initializeClass(AntClassLo
> > ader.java:
> > 48
> > > 4)
> > >         at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.addDefinition(Definer.java:231)

cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org