From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Eclipse Plugin Question
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:55:16 GMT
Hi josh,

We have some issues on this mailing list with attachments (they are
stripped when they are binary I think). I need to contact the admin to
see what we can do about it.

That's correct.

> This web.xml is the one taken from
> org.apache.cactus.eclipse.runner_1.6dev-20031029\conf
>
> Do I have to worry about 'Output war' in the Web
> Application preferences?  It seems to be looking for a
> webapp.war file which I am not able to find.

No. This war is created by the plugin automatically.

> With the above configurations, I am still getting the
> following exceptions:
>
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native
> Method)
>
> (please see Exception.txt for complete stack trace, I
> also have the Eclipse log in there)
>
> I am certain that its something I am overlooking.
>
> Would appreciate all the help.  Also, my team members
> on my project would also be very grateful :-)  Even
> though we recognize this plugin is still
> 'experimental', it would defintely be very useful to
> be able to run the debugger in an 'in container'
> situation if we have one of those hard to find bugs in
> our code.

Another idea:

I could see in one screenshot (through the email you sent me
directly...) that one of the required jar is missing I think (it appears
with a different icon type):

cactus-ant-13-1.5beta1.jar

I'd also suggest you use a newer nightly build for the cactus plugin
(I've uploaded one 2 days back).

Thanks
-Vincent