From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Eclipse Plugin Question
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:44:55 GMT
Hi,

<filter-class>org.apache.cactus.server.FilterTestRedirector</filter-clas
s>
>     </filter>
>
>     <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>FilterRedirector</filter-name>
>
>         <!-- Some servlet 2.3 containers need to map
> the filter to a valid
>              resource (Orion 1.5.2 for example).
> Others, like Tomcat,
>              are happy with just any mapping.
>
>              For example, the following would work
> with Tomcat :
>
> <url-pattern>/FilterRedirector</url-pattern> -->
>
> <url-pattern>/test/filterRedirector.jsp</url-pattern>
>     </filter-mapping>
>
>     <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-
> class>
>     </servlet>
>
>     <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>JspRedirector</servlet-name>
>         <jsp-file>/jspRedirector.jsp</jsp-file>
>     </servlet>
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>JspRedirector</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/JspRedirector</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>
> </web-app>

That looks fine. There's maybe even too many things (are you using all
redirectors?), but it won't hurt.

> I realized that it referenced some JSPs eg
> FilterRedirector.jsp and ServletRedirector.jsp.  Do I
> need to put these JSP files somewhere?

No. You only need to put whatever you need. If you're only testing
servlets, you only need:

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-c
lass>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Thanks
-Vincent

(http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/eclipse/webapp_plugin.html