From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: CACTUS + JBOSS + JAAS
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:43:01 GMT
Hi Horatiu,

j_security_check.

> I could run my tests until authentication was introduced. Since then i
> am unable to perform any tests having the following error:
>
> /[cactus] EJBException:; nested exception is:
> [cactus]     javax.ejb.EJBException: checkSecurityAssociation;
> CausedByException is:
> [cactus]     Authentication exception, principal=null
> /
> Here is my situation:
> 1. i have jboss jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24
> 2. my EJBs are protected through user+password+role (obtained from a
DB)
> using JAAS
>
> I don't know how to pass jboss a user and a password from my Cactus
> classes.

Hmmm. I've never done this but I guess you simply need to pass the
credentials when you're creating the InitialContext you need to use to
perform your EJB lookup. You can pass a Properties object in the
InitialContext constructor. You need to pass the credentials in this
properties object. Note that I've never used JAAS before (I've only used
the standard container security), so I may be totally off base.

What's important to realize is that Cactus is completely transparent
when it comes to accessing EJBs (there is no EJB redirector).

Thanks
-Vincent