From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: jonas integration?
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:04:04 GMT
Hi J.Joseph,

I am not aware of any existing Cactus Ant integration code for Jonas.
That would be great! :-)

Here are some tips for performing the integration (I'll commit the patch
in Cactus CVS if you donate it to the Apache foundation):

* You need to create a Java class that extends
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.AbstractJavaContainer. You
can check existing implementation for doc: Resin2xContainer,
Tomcat4xContainer, etc.

* Put default configuration files in
jakarta-cactus/integration/ant/src/confs (put it in share/ if jonas
supports both j2ee 1.2 and j2ee 1.3)

* Then register the new <jonasXX> element as an Ant task, by editing
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.default.properties

* Edit jakarta-cactus/integration/ant/build.xml and add an include for
the new <jonasXX> element (search for resin2x for example to find the
location where to add this include)

* Integrate with the existing samples. I guess the best is to integrate
it to the jakarta-cactus/samples/ejb project.

That's it!

Many thanks
-Vincent