From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: cactus ant task on existing container ?
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:36:14 GMT

You're right, it doesn't. It delegates this to your startup and shutdown
elements (or startuptarget/shutdowntarget targets).

> Instead it tries to connect to an existing webapplication (the
deployed
> cactified testing war) given at the configured cactus port (e.g.
8080),
> wich succeeds because I deployed the cactified war with Ant before
running
> the <cactus> task.

You have the choice of deploying your app before the <cactus> task, or
by implementing it in the startup phase inside the <cactus>/<generic>
task.

> So it works, no problem there .. but what's the use of the 'warfile'
> attribute in the <cactus> task when using the <generic> container ?

You're right, the warfile (or earfile) attribute is ignored for the
<generic> container. I guess in the future we could make it available
through an Ant property so that you could use it in your start/stop
scripts.

-Vincent