From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: cactus maven plugin and resources
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:44:27 GMT

I think I know. You need to understand that maven downloads the
dependencies defined in project.xml. If it doesn't find them locally it
will try to fetch them onsite from ibiblio. My guess is you may have
made an error in renaming the jars, so that the name doesn't match the
one defined in the plugin's project.xml.

> I do remember that when building, I got a "can't find aspectj.jar"
even
> though it seems to be on every path.

That's not a problem. I get it too.

> I'll see if I can track that down.
>
> Meanwhile, how do I know if my project/maven is using the "new" plugin
> jars?  (I'd like to be able to report that it worked or didn't work
> based on the right code. ;)

I don't understand the term "plugin jars". A plugin is a jar, there is
only one jar. If you want to be sure you're using the correct plugin,
simply delete the other versions from your maven installation dir and
delete the .maven/plugins dir.

-Vincent

> I'll keep plugging away.
>
> Keith
>
> ps.  Exception:

org.aspectj.runtime.reflect.Factory.makeSJP(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/aspec
tj
> /lang/Signature;I)Lorg/aspectj/lang/JoinPoint$StaticPart;
>     [cactus]    at

org.apache.cactus.util.ClassLoaderUtils.<clinit>(ClassLoaderUtils.java)