From "Srikrishna Kalavacharla" <sricreds...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Beginner - NoClassDefFoundError
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:26:01 GMT
Hi Chris
I've implemented your suggestion as well as the one from the Kazuhito.  I
still get the NCDFE error.  However when I try to hit the SevletTestRunner
for the first time I get the following error:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/cactus/client/connector/http/HttpClientConnectionHelper, method:
addUserData signature: (Lorg/apache/cactus/WebRequest;)V) Incompatible
object argument for function call at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141) at
org.apache.cactus.configuration.BaseConfiguration.<clinit>(BaseConfiguration.java:94)

at org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.init(ServletTestCase.java:188) at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.<init>(ServletTestCase.java:164)

I read in the mail archives, this error is because all the cactus jar files
are not compiled with the same compiler and have different versions.  Is it
true? If it is how do I get rid of it? When I refresh the page the error
changes to the NoClassDefFoundError.

btw.  My project structure looks like this now:

TestCactus.jar
    com
        cactus
            TestCactusHome.class
            TestCactusBean.class
            TestCactus.class
    META-INF
        jboss.xml
        ejb-jar.xml

TestCactus.ear
    application.xml
    TestCactus.war
         WEB-INF
             jboss-web.xml
             web.xml
             lib
                 log4j-1.2.8.jar
                 junit-3.8.1.jar
                 commons-logging-1.0.1.jar
                 cactus-1.6dev-20031029.jar
                 commons-httpclient-2.0-rc2
                 aspectjrt-1.1.1.jar
                 httpunit-1.5.3
             classes
                 com
                     cactus
                         TestCactusHome.class
                         TestCactusBean.class
                         TestCactus.class
                         TestCactusTest.class

Thanks for your response and please let me know where I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
Srikrishna