From Daniel Rabe <dr...@opentext.com>
Subject Struts, Cactus, multiple config.xml files
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 01:45:08 GMT
I've been using Cactus to test a struts 1.1 webapp. It was working... but
then I decided to split up my struts-config.xml file because it was getting
large. In the web.xml, I use a comma-separated list of my config.xml files
for param-name config. Note that I'm NOT using struts modules. It works
correctly when deployed as a webapp with Tomcat 5.x.

However, when I try to run my cactus test suite, I get a lot of "invalid
path" errors. After examining debug logs, it's clear that:
(a) the Digester correctly reads the comma-separated list of config files;
but
(b) the only config file that's processed is struts-config.xml:
<ActionServlet> Initializing module path '' configuration from
'/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml'

Does cactus support this configuration? If so, any thoughts on what I might
be doing wrong???

Constructive suggestions are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!

Daniel Rabe