From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: how to use in the better way ServletTestSuite with EJBs
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:39:36 GMT
Hi Maria,

Quick note: This will not work. You must not put quotes around your
class name. If you do , "whatever".class will result in java.lang.String
... :-)

> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> This suite works fine,

I would be surprised if it worked! String classes are not TestCase
classes :-)

> but I can't create a hierarchy of test, I think
> it's cause of the project architecture: the session bean is in a
packege
> indipendet from the package of the entity bean, even if the
sessionbean
> calls the two entityBean.

I don't undertsand this statement.

> So the question are two:
> - why I have to use a SevletTestSuite that is a simply wrapper of the
> junit TestSuite, isn't the same of using a TestSuite????

You don't. If your test cases extends ServletTestCase (or JspTestCase or
FitlerTestCase) then you *must* not wrap them in a ServletTestSuite. The
ServletTestSuite must be used only for running pure JUnit test case
(i.e. classes that extends TestCase) on the server side.

> - how may i define a test hierarchy??? Do i have to call a suite
inside
> a   suite???

Yes. This is the JUnit way.

Alternatively, it depends on how you plan to run your tests. If you're
using Ant, I'd suggest your use the <batchtest> element instead of the
<test> one. It will run all the tests automatically without the need to
write TestAll classes.

-Vincent