From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Beginner - NoClassDefFoundError
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 08:53:19 GMT
Hi Srikrishna,

The VerifyError suggest that you are using some classes that were
compiled with a previous version of Cactus with a new version of Cactus.
Unfortunately we have broken some binary compatibility. Recompiling your
application with the new cactus version will fix the problem.

Thanks
-Vincent

SevletTestRunner
> for the first time I get the following error:
>
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/apache/cactus/client/connector/http/HttpClientConnectionHelper,
> method:
> addUserData signature: (Lorg/apache/cactus/WebRequest;)V) Incompatible
> object argument for function call at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native
> Method)
> at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141) at

org.apache.cactus.configuration.BaseConfiguration.<clinit>(BaseConfigura
ti
> on.java:94)
> at org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.init(ServletTestCase.java:188) at
> org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.<init>(ServletTestCase.java:164)
>
> I read in the mail archives, this error is because all the cactus jar
> files
> are not compiled with the same compiler and have different versions.
Is