jakarta-cactus-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Neil Canham" <n...@knowsense.co.uk>
Subject RE: Cactus 1.5 rc1 and WebSphere Studio client-server classpath issues
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:41:27 GMT
You should copy your TestCase classes and/or TestSuites into your source
folder in your web project, or export them as a jar from the client project
and place this jar in WEB-INF\lib.  Either of these techniques will result
in the classes being available to the Web Module - you do not need to
explicitly 'put them on the classpath'.

It sems that you are having less success than me - I can at least get it all
working, just not sure why I need HttpClient on the server!

cheers
Neil C

-----Original Message-----
From: Masoud, Muhi (LNG-DAY) [mailto:muhi.masoud@lexisnexis.com]
Sent: 17 November 2003 18:37
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: Cactus 1.5 rc1 and WebSphere Studio client-server classpath
issues


So are you saying that it is working fine with the TestCases in the Web
Project (presumably in WEB-INF\classes)?

I can get the ServletTestRunner: init
but It can't fined the TestCases.class file
I don't get the NoClassDefFound errors that you are getting.

if so what jars do you have on the
server?
if I put the jars under MET-INF\lib I don't think you have to put the jars
on the server classpath

I'm running a local test envitonment server.



-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Canham [mailto:neil@knowsense.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 1:28 PM
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: RE: Cactus 1.5 rc1 and WebSphere Studio client-server classpath
issues


So are you saying that it is working fine with the TestCases in the Web
Project (presumably in WEB-INF\classes)?  If so what jars do you have on the
server?

regards
Neil C

-----Original Message-----
From: Masoud, Muhi (LNG-DAY) [mailto:muhi.masoud@lexisnexis.com]
Sent: 17 November 2003 18:23
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: Cactus 1.5 rc1 and WebSphere Studio client-server classpath
issues


the way I have my web app set up is
is just like yours using cactus 1.5-beta1
all the jars are under WEB-INF\lib
the only think that I have under my server classpath is my test classes
except I have my TestCases in the web Project
but it can't fined my test classes
I tried to put the test classes under WEB-INF/lib
no luck all I get is
[Servlet Error]-[Failed to load test suite [TestSampleServlet], Reason is
[Class not found &quot;TestSampleServlet&quot;]]:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Failed to load test suite
[TestSampleServlet], Reason is [Class not found "TestSampleServlet"]


-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Canham [mailto:neil@knowsense.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 12:17 PM
To: cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Cactus 1.5 rc1 and WebSphere Studio client-server classpath
issues


Anyone who can shed any light on the following gets my everlasting
gratitude (I realise that there may not be many WebSphere Studio gurus here
but maybe the problem looks familiar to someone?)

Trying to setup WebSphere Studio v5 to do Cactus unit tests
using Cactus-1.5-rc1 via the ServletRedirector.  So far, Junit testing no
problems, Cactus testing via the ServletTestRunner servlet no problems.  But
client-server...

I have one main Web Project, say WEB1, containing my application under test.
I have also created a separate Java Project, say JAVA1, to contain the
TestCases.  JAVA1 references WEB1 on its build path as well as the external
jars for Cactus, Junit, AspectJ, Commons-logging and HttpClient.   In WEB1 I
have the necessary jars (Junit, AspectJ and Cactus - commons-logging is
already available via WAS) in WEB-INF\lib.  I have a cactus.properties file
on the claasspath in both projects and have copied the TestCases from JAVA1
to WEB1 (to avoid a build cycle).  All sounds fine?
When the tests are run on the client with the server running, I get
NoClassDefFound errors for
org.apache.cactus.configuration.ServletConfiguration.  Weird as that's in
the Cactus jar.

But I can get everything to work fine if I place the HttpClient jar on the
server too.  Sounds as if I'm launching the client in the server project
environment, but I've checked and double checked that I'm running the
TestSuite in JAVA1.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Neil C



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cactus-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cactus-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cactus-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cactus-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org



Mime
View raw message