From "Tambascio, Larry" <Larry.Tambas...@imrm.com>
Subject RE: Cactus & Webshpere & WSAD
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:02:13 GMT

You should be able to simply put a correctly configured cactus.properties
file on the classpath within WSAD/Eclipse, and simply run the test as a
standard JUnit test.  The test runner will start the tests, and Cactus will
do it's thing, firing off the request to the container.

This is perhaps a slight oversimplification, but back in the "good old 1.4.1
days" that's essentially how I ran my unit tests in Eclipse.  Obviously the
classes under test and the test classes were on my project's classpath, but
my Eclipse project environment became the client environment.  If you're
having problems go through the client side configuration "how-to", and make
sure everything you need for the client is in your project (properties and
jar files, etc.).

It was really cool to set breakpoints in the client side methods (beginXXX
and endXXX) as well as the container code, and from one IDE session debug
them both at once.  I didn't have to do that too often, mind you, but when I
wanted to, it was sweet.

Granted this doesn't give you the cool plug-in, but it will allow you to run
the tests with the default Eclipse JUnit runner (which isn't so bad).

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Lybarger [mailto:Mark.Lybarger@CBC-Companies.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 12:36 PM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: Cactus & Webshpere & WSAD

it sounds like the eclipse plugin doesn't support your container. you might
consider another method of executing your tests.

---

This email and its attachments are confidential under applicable law are
intended for use of the senders addressee only, unless the sender expressly
agrees otherwise, or unless a separate written agreement exists between
Iron Mountain and a recipient company governing communications between the
parties and any data that may be so transmitted. Transmission of email over
the Internet is not a secure communications medium. If you are requesting or
have requested the transmittal of personal data, as defined in applicable
privacy laws, by means of email or in an attachment to email, you may wish
to select a more secure alternate means of transmittal that better supports
your obligations to protect such personal data. If the recipient of this
message is not the recipient named above, and/or you have received this email
in error, you must take no action based on the information in this email.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, misuse or copying or
disclosure of this communication by a recipient who has received this message
in error is strictly prohibited. If this message is received in error please
return this email to the sender and immediately highlight any error in
transmittal.
Thank You