From Mark Lybarger <Mark.Lybar...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject RE: Cactus with weblogic 6.1
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:04:47 GMT
I've tried the eclipse plugin, and couldn't get it to work with wls 6.1.  I
believe the cactus developers can't get a license to use wls 6.1, thus it's
unsupported in cactus and especially the eclipse plugin. YMMV.

I don't use a cactus.props file, I believe that's optional and I use the
default values. For a sample ejb and cactus test, see
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/writing/howto_ejb_j2eeri.html . The source
for the test and ejb is included in the jakarta-cactus-13-1.6dev-20031023
distribution (nightly build).  It doesn't appear to be in the 1.5b1.

There's also a sample build.xml in the above mentioned distribution for
building the ejb. It seems geared twords jboss/orion servers. I was able to
get the sample to build after changing the folliwing in the build.xml:

  <!--
  <property name="j2ee.jar"
      location="../../lib/j2ee-1.3.jar"/>
      -->
  <property name="j2ee.jar"
      location="c:/bea/weblogic/lib/weblogic.jar"/>

You should be able to point to your weblogic.jar and get this to build. Next
you can add a generic item to the containerset specifying your port to use.
Manually deploy the test.ear file (copy it to your mydomain area or whatever
domain your using. Start up that domain manually, and then run the test
target in the build.xml file.  It's a little more involved to get cactus to
automatically start/stop your wls server, but once it's in place it's really
REALLY kewl stuff.

I really hope this helps you out. I checked out my eductaion licenses for
wls, and they expired 07/28/2003, so I'm unable to do any of this from home.
I'm taking another bea class next week and maybe they'll give me another 6
month education license.

---