From Gerret Apelt <g...@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
Subject cactus/tomcat4x servletsample problem
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:02:17 GMT
I believe this is likely a tomcat issue, but just a heads up:

I downloaded jakarta-cactus-12-1.5-rc1and attempted to build/run tests
for the samples/servlet example, testing against an out-of-the-box
installation of tomcat4.1.29, jdk 1.4.2. I indicated this in the servlet
example's build.properties file. Tomcat was fired up by cactus properly,
but the following error occurred when the example's tests were to be
executed (from tomcat log file):

2003-11-23 07:29:01 ContextConfig[/cactus-sample-servlet-cactified]
Parse error in application web.xml java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
addChild:  Child name 'ServletRedirector' is not unique
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2540)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2566)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1061)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endNamespaceScope(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)
        at

Source)
        at
Source)
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationConfig(ContextConfig.java:282)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:639)

When I indicated in build.properties for cactus tests to be run against
resin2.1.10 instead, things worked just fine.

This may be the same issue as reported here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg03825.html

cheers,
Gerret