From "Tarek M. Nabil" <Tarek.Na...@itworx.com>
Subject RE: Good bye Tarek (was RE: REPOST: RE: Authentication Failure --> Problem Found)
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:18:57 GMT

From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@pivolis.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 12:06 PM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: Good bye Tarek (was RE: REPOST: RE: Authentication Failure -->
Problem Found)

AFAIK, there are not many known bugs. 99.99% of the time it is an error
from its users. J2EE stuff is complex.

> Before I unsubscribe from this list, I just want to say that I still
> believe in the open source model. But open source projects need a lot
of
> effort before they're embraced by the developer community.

*You* are the open source, so it's only as good as you can make it.
There's no one paid to support you, Tarek. We're all busy working on our
day work and we're only developing/supporting at night time, during our
free time.

That said, nobody is preventing your from hiring support services to
help you out. AFAIK, you haven't approached anybody for that. There are
other ways to pay back apart from money, like giving your time to help
the others and contributing. I can tell you that if you're recognized
for doing this others will more likely help you out. That's how things
work in life. It's also true for open source.

> The most
> important of these efforts is support to the community through mailing
> lists like this. Unfortunately, this is not the case here.

Feel free to come back when you've something to contribute.

Thanks and good luck
-Vincent

PS: If you don't want to use Cactus, the other alternative you should
consider is using mock objects.

[snip]