From S Mike <mike_s5642...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ant integration: cactus task and remote containers / exploded EARs?
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:24:47 GMT
Cactus 1.5rc1 is very nice indeed. But due to our enviornment here I have run into a couple
of issues and I wonder if somebody can adivse me.

1. Need to run the cactus task against a *remote* container. This is what I'm doing right
now:
     <containerset>
          <!-- don't need task to deploy, startup, or shutdown -->
          <generic name="local OC4J"
                   port="8888">
               <startup/>
               <shutdown/>
          </generic>
     </containerset>

This is part of the way there, but I still need a way to point Cactus at the right machine.
Is there some correct way to do this, other than setting the URL in the beginXXX () method
(my understanding is that that would require you to set it for every single test method, which
seems like the wrong thing to do)?

2. Need to use an exploded EAR. Currently I point the ear attribute at a copy of the pacakged
EAR but it would be nice to point at the real EAR in its exploded location (which is AFS mounted
on my local machine so ant can see the files). This is not that big of a deal though, whereas
point #1 is.

TIA,

-Mike