From Andrew Boyd <andrew.b...@mindspring.com>
Subject IllegalAccessError calling package private methods
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:52:04 GMT
Hi All,
  I'm getting the following error when running my cactus tests:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method
com.digitalreasoning.kafe.host.Host.getKafeMBeanServer() from class
com.digitalreasoning.kafe.host.HostObjectFactoryTest at com.digitalreasoning.kafe.host.HostObjectFactoryTest.testDomainName(HostObjectFactoryTest.java:44)

The method getKafeMBeanServer() is a package private method in Host.
    /**
     * Returns the MBeanServer created by this Host.
     * Keeping this package private for testing since the Host should provide
     * any fuctionality that my be derived from the MBeanServer
     * @return
     */
    MBeanServer getKafeMBeanServer(){
        return kafeMbeanServer_;
    }

HostObjectFactoryTest is in the same package as you can tell.  The method  testDomainName()
is:
    /**
     * Make sure that the MBeanServer is created with the expected
     * DomainName.
     */
    public void testDomainName(){
        Host host = HostObjectFactory.createHost();
        MBeanServer server = host.getKafeMBeanServer();
        assertTrue("Asserting True that "+Host.DOMAIN + " == "+ server.getDefaultDomain(),
                          server.getDefaultDomain().equals(Host.DOMAIN));
    }

Any ideas why I'm getting the IllegalAccessError?

Thanks

Andrew Boyd
Software Architect
Sun Certified J2EE Architect