From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: NoClassDefFound for ServletTestCase with cactus jar in WEB-INF/lib
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:25:04 GMT
Hi David,

As you can see from the stack trace, the error is on the client side: it
is the Ant JUnit test runner that gives the error. Thus it means you
have included the cactus jar in the classpath of the executing <junit>
task.

I'd also suggest that you try Cactus 1.5. It has a much improved Ant
integration with 2 nice ready-made Ant tasks: <cactifywar> and <cactus>.

Thanks
-Vincent

Tomcat
> "webapps" dir.  Each war has a "WEB-INF/lib" directory which contains
> (among others) the "cactus-1.4.1.jar" file.
>
> I'm starting with a single "stubbed" test case class in the second
> application, just to make sure I get through all the setup tasks.
Once
> the stubbed test case executes properly, all the hard work is done.
>
> For some reason, the second application is failing with an exception
> like the following.  As I said, the "cactus-1.4.1.jar" file is in the
> "WEB-INF/lib" of the war file, just like in the application where this
> is working.  The "org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase" class is in that
> jar.  I don't understand what I could possibly do to screw this up.
> I'll respond with some of the relevant configuration files if someone
> doesn't have a quick answer.
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cactus/ServletTestCase
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:537)
> 	at

java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
> 	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
> tTestRunner.java:237)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
> tTestRunner.java:210)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitT