From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: SV: Cactus & JBoss 3.2.2
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:07:47 GMT

The cactus.properties is only needed if you're manually configuring the
cactus framework. In order to make it easier to use the Cactus project
provides several front ends (as shown on the main cactus web page).

If you're using the Ant integration then you don't need the
cactus.properties file as it is in charge of configuring cactus for you.
Same with the Maven integration and the Eclipse one.

In order to use Cactus you must first decide how you want to integrate
Cactus in your development environment. Then go to the web page that
describes how to use that front end.

Thanks
-Vincent

> Thx again.
>
>  --- aze N <djoukit1@yahoo.fr> a écrit : > Hi, thx for
> ur answer
> >
> > I make the quickstart example work by adding .jar in
> > WEB-INF/lib directory of my .war but I'd like to put
> > Cactus jars in my container classpath so that Cactus
> > will load them using the container Context class
> > loader, but i don't know how to make it !!!
> > My app's name is test (test.war)
> >
> > I don't have a cactus.properties ? What is that ?
> > I don't know where I have to put the .jar in jboss
> > and
> > wich web.xml I have to modify, conf/web.xml or
> > deploy/jboss-tomcat*/web.xml
> >

> > Here is my conf/web.xml :

> > <!DOCTYPE web-app
> >      PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
> > Application 2.3//EN"
> >     "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
> > <web-app>
> >
> > <!-- Debut ajout SF  -->
> >
> >     <filter>
> >         <filter-name>FilterRedirector</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.cactus.server.FilterTestRedirector</filter-clas
s>
> >     </filter>
> >
> >     <filter-mapping>
> >         <filter-name>FilterRedirector</filter-name>
> >         <url-pattern>/FilterRedirector</url-pattern>
> >     </filter-mapping>
> >
> >     <servlet>
> >
> > <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-
> class>
> >         <init-param>
> >           <param-name>param1</param-name>
> >           <param-value>value1 used for
> > testing</param-value>
> >         </init-param>
> >     </servlet>
> >
> >     <servlet>
> >         <servlet-name>JspRedirector</servlet-name>
> >         <jsp-file>/jspRedirector.jsp</jsp-file>
> >     </servlet>
> >
> >     <servlet>
> >
> > <servlet-name>ServletTestRunner</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner</servle
t-