From "QingZhao" <qzh...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Transferring data between client and server side
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:35:40 GMT

Hi, I think you can use cookie to store your variable.  The http Cookie can
be added to HttpServletResponse in your testXXX(). In your endXXX(), you can
get the cookie from WebResponse, which is passed to the client as a
parameter.  For details check the sample code from the download, e.g.,
org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet.java.

When you use the eclipse plugin, your server and client may actually run
within one JVM, so the static variable has the global visibility within it.
While you use maven task, it will fork a new JVM/process to run the server,
I guess that's why you cannot get the initialized value of variable .

Qing
----- Original Message -----
From: "Henner Kollmann" <Henner.Kollmann@gmx.de>
To: <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 6:46 AM
Subject: Transferring data between client and server side

Hi all,

Any idea how i can share data between testXXX and endXXX methods?

E.g. i have a varialbe wich should be initialized in the testXXX method and
i want use this object in the endXX method to test.

This works if i use the eclipse plugin with an static variable. If i let the
maven task run for testing the static variable setted in the testXXX method
is always null.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Henner