From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Strange Error when invoking Cactus tests
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:25:25 GMT
Hi Matt,

Very very strange. I can't imagine what could be causing it. Looking at
the source code, there is nothing wrong I can see. I need more
information. Here's the error handling code:

    catch (Exception e)
    {
        String message = "Error instantiating class [" + theClassName +
"(["
            + theTestCaseName + "], [" + theWrappedClassName + "])]";

        LOGGER.error(message, e);
        throw new ServletException(message, e);
    }

The problem is that the container does not print the nested exception
(e). However, we are logging it with LOGGER.error(...). If you turn
logging on for the server side you should be able to see the root cause
of the error.

There should be a logging.properties file in the servlet sample dir of
the cactus distribution you downloaded. Edit it and use the logging
system you want. It's supposed to be easier than before :-)

Thanks
-Vincent

sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorA
> ccessorIm
> pl.java:39)
>       [java]     at

sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCons
> tructorAc
> cessorImpl.java:27)
>       [java]     at
> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.getTestClassInstance(Abst
> ractWebTe
> stCaller.java:419)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.doTest(AbstractWebTestCal
> ler.java:
> 148)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest_aroundB
> ody0(Abst
> ractWebTestController.java:130)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest_aroundB
> ody1$advi
> ce(AbstractWebTestController.java:158)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest(Abstrac
> tWebTestC
> ontroller.java)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost_aroundBody2(Servle
> tTestRedi
> rector.java:138)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost_aroundBody3$advice
> (ServletT
> estRedirector.java:158)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost(ServletTestRedirec
> tor.java)
>
>       [java]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet_aroundBody0(Servlet
> TestRedir
> ector.java:109)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet_aroundBody1$advice(
> ServletTe
> stRedirector.java:158)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet(ServletTestRedirect
> or.java)
>       [java]     at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>       [java]     at
>       [java]     at

> tionFilte
> rChain.java:247)
>       [java]     at

> erChain.j
> ava:193)
>       [java]     at

> e.java:25
> 6)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
> nvokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:643)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
> 480)
>       [java]     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>       [java]     at

> e.java:19
> 1)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
> nvokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:643)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticator
> Base.java
> :494)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
> nvokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:641)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
> 480)
>       [java]     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>       [java]     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:
> 2417)
>       [java]     at

> :180)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
> nvokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:643)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
> lve.java:
> 171)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
> nvokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:641)
>       [java]     at

> :172)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
> nvokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:641)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
> 480)
>       [java]     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>       [java]     at

> java:174)
>
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
> nvokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:643)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
> 480)
>       [java]     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:193)
>       [java]     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
> 781)
>       [java]     at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
> onnection
> (Http11Protocol.java:549)
>       [java]     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
> 589)
>       [java]     at

> .java:666
> )
>       [java]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>       [java] Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find
> bundle for base name org.appfu
> se.webapp.action.LoginServletTest, locale en_US
>       [java]     at

java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.ja
> va:804)
>       [java]     at
> java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:773)
>       [java]     at
> java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:511)
>       [java]     at

org.appfuse.webapp.action.LoginServletTest.<init>(LoginServletTest.java: