From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: EJB Sample in 1.6dev
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 06:48:19 GMT

Unfortunately
> >nobody is currently working on the Eclipse plugin. This is sad as it
is
> >a very interesting Cactus integration.
> >
> >Have you been able to have a working Eclipse environment? The "import
> >plug-ins[...]" stuff is simply so that Eclipse resolve dependent
plugins
> >used by the Cactus plugins. You can also do that manually.
> >
> >Thanks
> >-vincent
> >

> Pretty much, yep.  I managed to work my way through all the jar
> dependancies and project dependancies.  I'm working with Eclipse 2.1.2
> that's been upgraded from 2.1.0 -> 2.1.1 -> 2.1.2.   You're right,
this
> plugin is a very interesting integration.  Perhaps it can find its way
> as part of a larger eclipse integration including Geronimo in the
> future.  I'm not so familiar with tomcat plugins as I tend to try and
> stay away from any servlet/jsp development.

Yes, in the future, we'll try to separate what is related to Cactus from
what is generic (such as starting/stopping/deploying in containers).
However, the first step should be to align the eclipse plugin with the
Ant integration. ATM, it is calling some old Ant scripts whereas it
should now not call Ant scripts at all but rather use the Java API from
our Ant integration. We're looking for someone to help us with this...
:-)

Thanks
-Vincent