From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Asking Questions
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:22:23 GMT
Hi Owen,

Lots of good and difficult questions! :-) It's going to be difficult
answering them all here.

For "integration", it means integration with the executing environment
(container, database, etc).

However, you can combine Cactus with Mock Objects to test integration
bit by bit. For example if you don't want to go till the database, you
can use mock objects to cut the calling chain.

You can also have a look at a presentation I gave for the TSS Symposium
about unit testing J2EE applications (It's not completely self
supporting but it might give you some answers):

http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/vmassol/archives/000080.html

Thanks
-Vincent