From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: cactus-13-1.5-rc and commons-httpclient-2.0-rc2.jar works on jdk1.4 and above only?
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:15:12 GMT
Hi Ajay,

Here's the answer from Oleg from the Httpclient team (see attached). Ok
let's now try to fix your problem. The stack trace says that the
toString() method is not found.

It seems the problem is that you have an old version of
commons-httpclient in your client classpath. Could you check that
please?

Thanks
-Vincent

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpState.toString(HttpState.java:634)
>  at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2013)
>  at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:365)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.util.CookieUtil.createHttpState_aroundBody15$advice(Co
ok
> ie
> Util.java:190)
>  at org.apache.cactus.util.CookieUtil.createHttpState(CookieUtil.java)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.HttpClientConnectionHelper.conne
ct
> _a
> roundBody0(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java:169)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.HttpClientConnectionHelper.conne
ct
> _a
> roundBody1$advice(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java:222)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.HttpClientConnectionHelper.conne
ct
> (H
> ttpClientConnectionHelper.java)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.callRunTest(De
fa
> ul
> tHttpClient.java:201)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundB
od
> y0
> (DefaultHttpClient.java:119)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundB
od
> y1
> $advice(DefaultHttpClient.java:222)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest(Default
Ht
> tp
> Client.java)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.WebClientTestCaseDelegate.runWebTest(W
eb
> Cl
> ientTestCaseDelegate.java:333)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.WebClientTestCaseDelegate.runGenericTe
st
> (W
> ebClientTestCaseDelegate.java:281)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.WebClientTestCaseDelegate.runTest(WebC
li
> en
> tTestCaseDelegate.java:257)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runCactusTest(ServletTestCase.java:300
)
>  at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runBare(ServletTestCase.java:263)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestSuite.runTest_aroundBody6(AbstractTestSuit
e.
> ja
> va:296)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestSuite.runTest_aroundBody7$advice(AbstractT
es
> tS
> uite.java:151)
>  at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestSuite.runTest(AbstractTestSuite.java)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestSuite.run_aroundBody4(AbstractTestSuite.ja
va
> :2
> 87)
>  at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestSuite.run_aroundBody5$advice(AbstractTestS
ui
> te
> .java:151)
>  at org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestSuite.run(AbstractTestSuite.java)
>
> This is because the HttpState code in the
commons-httpclient-2.0-rc2.jar
> file invokes StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer sb) which is present
from
> jdk1.4 onwards only.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/java/lang/StringBuffer.html#appe
nd
> (j
> ava.lang.StringBuffer

<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/java/lang/StringBuffer.html#app
en
> d(
> java.lang.StringBuffer> )

<http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suri_mail/lst?.dir=/anu_suresh_engagem
en
> t_

08_Oct_03&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/