From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Getting reference to ejb in other container
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:15:13 GMT
Hi Mark,

This question (as I understand it) is actually independent of Cactus.
Let me try to rephrase your question: "How do I call an EJB from a
Servlet context?".

- You need to define an "ejb-ref"-like entry in your web.xml (not sure
exactly what is needed for EJBs external to your container - please see
your container's documentation).
- You need to map JNDI names in your container-specific web descriptor
file, unless the mapping is implicit. Please refer to your container's
documentation for that

Once you've done that then you can do a simple lookup (probably setting
up the JNDI URL to your other container, and setting the credentials if
required).

-Vincent

I'd
> like to make sure that the order and the order items exist after
> submitting
> the order.
>
> I'm most likely not explaining this very well, but what's the
easiest/best
> way to get a handle to ejb2 from my cactus test classes?  ejb1 has the
> JNDI_URL and context factory (needed to get ic from ejb2 container) as
> part
> of its deployment descriptors.  is there some way that i can modify my
> cactified war so that its jndi has this stuff?  Can i specify that
stuff
> via
> the xml that is used for mergewebxml?
>
> ejb1 has the following in the dd to get its remote bean.  the jndi_url
is
> placed in from the ant script to allow varried environments.
>
>          <env-entry>

<env-entry-name>cbc.initial.context.factory</env-entry-name>
>             <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>

<env-entry-value>weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory</env-entry-value>