From "Jason Vinton" <eccebo...@hotmail.com>
Subject begin(...) and end(...) methods
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:16:40 GMT
In the "Writing Tests" section of the cactus site there is a section that
reads:

Step 5 (optional): begin() and end() methods

    begin(...) and end(...) methods are the client side equivalent of the
setUp() and a tearDown() methods (see previous step). They are called on the
client side, before and after every test.

    The begin() and end() methods are optional.

I've observed that when the test fails, the end() method is not called.
It's unclear to me if this is a bug or by design.  I'm not sure if this is a
shared opinion, but I believe that it would be very helpful to have a method
on the client side that is always called to do clean-up.

Jason Vinton
Moody's

Fast, faster, fastest: Upgrade to Cable or DSL today!
https://broadband.msn.com