From "Bret Kumler" <bkum...@firstam.com>
Subject Weblogic 8 problem
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 23:23:13 GMT
I'm very new to cactus, I'm trying to get cactus running in Weblogic 8.

I managed to get the samples working fine with Weblogic 8.

When I try to add the cactus jars & web.xml entries to our existing
application(ear) & start weblogic, I get the following error (see below).

Is this a classloading conflict?
I remove all the cactus related stuff & the ear deploys fine.

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc
torAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.registerFilter(WebAppServletC
ontext.java:2879)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.initFilters(WebAppServletCont
ext.java:2855)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServle
tContext.java:3157)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java:654)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources(WebService.java:483)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInitService.resume(ServletInitService.java:
30)
        at
weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java:131)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:964)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:359)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.bea.wlw.netui.util.logging.StrutsLogFactory
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory$2.run(LogFactory.java:609)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:561)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:352)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:395)
        at
org.apache.cactus.server.FilterTestRedirector.<clinit>(FilterTestRedirector.
java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj[1k]:87)
        ... 16 more
com.bea.wlw.netui.util.logging.StrutsLogFactory
        at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.
java:198)
        at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoader.
java:223)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory$2.run(LogFactory.java:571)
        ... 21 more