From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: catifywar question
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:15:44 GMT
Bret Kumler wrote:
> Vincent,
>
> 	I tried it out, it works, but there's a couple problems.
>
> For example,
>
> 	I have the following below in my temp-web.xml, after the merge I have all
> the other redirectors, which I might not need.

Indeed, <cactifywar> currently adds at least the ServletRedirector and
the JspRedirector, and also the FilterRedirector if the web.xml is of
Servlet-API 2.3.

That shouldn't be a serious problem, but you can file an enhancement
request about this issue. [1]

> <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
>
> <servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-class
>
>          <init-param>
>            <param-name>param1</param-name>
>            <param-value>value1 used for testing</param-value>
>          </init-param>
> </servlet>
>
> <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>

> If my temp-web.xml has ALL the redirectors defined in it already & I merge,
> there's duplicate entries for each redirector.

Hmm, this is not the first time I hear about this. It's pretty weird
though, as there are a helluva lot of tests that verify that such
duplicate definitions do not occur in the merging process, and I've
personally never experienced this issue in my usage of the task.

Can you please post your full temp-web.xml and the snippet of your build
file where <cactifywar> is used? And maybe file a bug report?

[1] http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/index.html

Thanks,
-chris

--