From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: declaring cactus.tasks
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:42:31 GMT
Hi Tom,

Tom Baeyens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem declaring the cactus.tasks on linux. On windows all works
> fine.
> Declaring the cactus.tasks results in a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> junit/framework/TestListener, while the junit-3.8.1.jar is in the classpath.
> I have created a minimal setup that shows the problem : to be downloaded
> from http://jbpm.org/cactusproblem.zip
>
> The only workaround I found was to put the junit-3.8.1 in the ANT_HOME/lib
> folder.  I don't like that.

Yeah, I don't like it either. However, you should have trouble using even
the non-Cactus <junit> task when junit.jar isn't in ANT_HOME/lib. At least
it never worked for me. The only workaround AFAIK is to remove optional.jar
from ANT_HOME/lib and place it on the classpath dynamically when defining
the cactus tasks (together with junit.jar etc). Of course that is the
problem reversed. :-/

Otherwise, I believe pretty much everyone who uses JUnit with Ant has
installed junit.jar in ANT_HOME/lib. Not much that can be done about that,
at least not until Ant 1.6.

-chris