From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Weblogic 8 problem
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 05:51:38 GMT
Hi Bret,

Are you using the <cactus> task and the <weblogic7x> container tag? Or
are you using the <generic> tag? The weblogic7x is for wl7 and has not
been tested with WL 8.x.

It seems it is indeed a classloader issue. In order to help you I would
need to know what you started the cactus test, whether you put any jar
in the system classpath or somewhere else, etc.

Thanks
-Vincent

sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>         at

sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorA
cc
> es
> sorImpl.java:39)
>         at

sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCons
tr
> uc
> torAccessorImpl.java:27)
>         at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:306)
>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:259)
>         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.registerFilter(WebAppServ
le
> tC
> ontext.java:2879)
>         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.initFilters(WebAppServlet
Co
> nt
> ext.java:2855)
>         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppSe
rv
> le
> tContext.java:3157)
>         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java:65
4)
>         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources(WebService.java:48
3)
>         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInitService.resume(ServletInitService.j
av
> a:
> 30)
>         at
> weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java:131)
>         at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:964)
>         at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:359)
>         at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
> Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> com.bea.wlw.netui.util.logging.StrutsLogFactory
>         at
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory$2.run(LogFactory.java:609)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:561)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:352)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:395)
>         at

org.apache.cactus.server.FilterTestRedirector.<clinit>(FilterTestRedirec
> r.
> java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj[1k]:87)
>         ... 16 more
> com.bea.wlw.netui.util.logging.StrutsLogFactory
>         at

weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoa
de
> r.
> java:198)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
>         at

weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoa
de