From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: eclipse cactus
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 07:02:24 GMT

now?

The email below is *not* about eclipse integration.

-Vincent

> Thanks.
>
> suvasis

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-
> > class
> > >
> >         <init-param>
> >           <param-name>param1</param-name>
> >           <param-value>value1 used for testing</param-value>
> >         </init-param>
> >     </servlet>
> > <servlet-mapping>
> >         <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
> >         <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
> >     </servlet-mapping>
> >

> > The server started fine & no more errors.

Or
> > are you using the <generic> tag? The weblogic7x is for wl7 and has
not
> > been tested with WL 8.x.
> >
> > It seems it is indeed a classloader issue. In order to help you I
> would
> > need to know what you started the cactus test, whether you put any
jar
> > in the system classpath or somewhere else, etc.
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Vincent

Weblogic
> > 8.
> > >
> > > I managed to get the samples working fine with Weblogic 8.
> > >
> > > When I try to add the cactus jars & web.xml entries to our
existing
> > > application(ear) & start weblogic, I get the following error (see
> > below).
> > >
> > > Is this a classloading conflict?
> > > I remove all the cactus related stuff & the ear deploys fine.
> > >
> > > The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
> > > java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> > >         at
> > sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> > > Method)
> > >         at

sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorA
> > cc
> > > es
> > > sorImpl.java:39)
> > >         at

sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCons
> > tr
> > > uc
> > > torAccessorImpl.java:27)
> > >         at
> > java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
> > >         at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:306)
> > >         at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:259)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.registerFilter(WebAppServ
> > le
> > > tC
> > > ontext.java:2879)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.initFilters(WebAppServlet
> > Co
> > > nt
> > > ext.java:2855)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppSe
> > rv
> > > le
> > > tContext.java:3157)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java:65
> > 4)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources(WebService.java:48
> > 3)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInitService.resume(ServletInitService.j
> > av
> > > a:
> > > 30)
> > >         at

weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java:131)
> > >         at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:964)
> > >         at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:359)
> > >         at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
> > > Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> > > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> > > com.bea.wlw.netui.util.logging.StrutsLogFactory
> > >         at
> > > org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory$2.run(LogFactory.java:609)
> > >         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
> Method)
> > >         at
> > >
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:561)
> > >         at
> > >
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:352)
> > >         at
> > > org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:395)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.server.FilterTestRedirector.<clinit>(FilterTestRedirec
> > > r.
> > > java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj[1k]:87)
> > >         ... 16 more
> > > Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> > > com.bea.wlw.netui.util.logging.StrutsLogFactory
> > >         at

weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoa
> > de
> > > r.
> > > java:198)
> > >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)
> > >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
> > >         at

weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoa

cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org