From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Client side configuration problem
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:51:40 GMT

[snip]

> I did that. But when I run the tests, I get the following error:
>
>      [java] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/cactus/ServletTestCase
>      [java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>      [java]     at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:502)
>      [java]     at

java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
>      [java]     at
> java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:250)
>      [java]     at
> java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
>      [java]     at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:193)
>      [java]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
> Method)
>      [java]     at
> java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
>      [java]     at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)
>      [java]     at
> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
>
> Reproduced below is the ant java task for running the tests:
>
>   <target
>     name="runtests">
>       <echo message="using cactus.properties =
> ${basedir}/cactus.properties"/>
>       <java classname="testcases.TestSampleServlet"
> dir="${basedir}/classes"
> fork="yes">
>         <classpath refid="classpath"/>
>       </java>
>   </target>
>
> Perhaps, I need to modify this in any way as well?

Indeed!! This is not the canonical way to run Cactus tests (please see
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/index.html). In any
case you need to read the classpath howto:
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/howto_classpath.html

For the different ways of running Cactus tests, please see
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/index.html

-Vincent