From Mark Lybarger <Mark.Lybar...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject RE: EJB testing
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:31:41 GMT
This was it Vincent, thanks for the response!  I had the jndi name wrong in
the descriptors.  I'm now running my cactus tests on wl6.1.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@pivolis.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 3:39 PM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: EJB testing

Hi Mark,

What are these class files? Are they Cactus test classes?

> to my understanding, this creates a war which is deployed in my wl6.1
> server
> area, and includes all my class file for my project.  my ejb is
already
> deployed into the app server.  my setUp() code is below.  using
eclipse, i
> can set a breakpoint to the ctx instanciation, and step to the next
line
> where it's trying to get the remote interface.  that's where the
testing
> stops.  is there something special that i need to do to my ejb for
testing
> using cactus?
>
> 	public void setUp() throws Exception
> 	{
> 		Context ctx = new InitialContext();
> 		EventSubmitHome home = (EventSubmitHome)
>
> PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ctx.lookup("EventSubmit"),
> 			EventSubmitHome.class);
> 		this.eventSubmit = home.create();
> 	}

My guess is that you haven't defined an entry in your web.xml for
calling the EJB and that you haven't provided a weblogic.xml file
mapping the JNDI name for that EJB.

I've just done a google search and it came up with:
http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/webapp/components.html#100650

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs61/webapp/components.html#100650 (for WL
6.1).

Btw, you're not telling us what error you're getting! :-)

Hope it helps,
-Vincent

> Thanks for any suggestions/ideas!
>
> ---