From Jason Arndt <jarndt...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: About TestCases
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:01:20 GMT
I don't think I have enough information to solve this,
but one thing you need to make sure of is that your
struts-config.xml file is in the classpath.  The mock
test needs to load it to find the action servlet
mapping.  Also, the MockStrutsTestCase class doesn't
check to make sure that it found the ActionServlet and
then give you a nice message if it doesn't....instead
you get a NULL pointer, which may be what's happening
here.  Hope this helps.

Jason

--- Sachin <csachin@pisoftek.com> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>          I have tested my code it is just a Action
> which is passing control
> to Another simple page.
>
> My Actions is in logic.struts.actions
> My Forms is in logic.struts.forms
> My struts-config.xml is in WEB-INF directory
>
> And Action is passing control to new page.
>
> But when i am running it with mocktestcase or Cactus
> it is giving error.
>

> I am working on IDEA and direct runnning TestCase...
>
> Can you provide any help i am tired of searching on
> Net and ALL are
> providing same example
>

> public class LoginAction extends Action {
>     public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping
> mapping,ActionForm
> form,HttpServletRequest request,
>
> HttpServletResponse response)
>         {
>             String username = ((LoginForm)
> form).getFirstName();
>             String password = ((LoginForm)
> form).getLastName();
>
>             ActionErrors errors = new
> ActionErrors();
>             return mapping.findForward("success");
>     }
> }
>
> this is same as example in StrutsTestCase doc... &
> tried both with
> CactusStrutsTestCase..
>
> public class TestLoginAction extends
> MockStrutsTestCase {
>
>     public TestLoginAction(String testName) {
> super(testName); }
>
>     public void testSuccessfulLogin() {
>        setRequestPathInfo("/login");
>        addRequestParameter("username","deryl");
>        addRequestParameter("password","radar");
>        actionPerform();
>        verifyForward("success");
>     }
> }
>

> Error:
> 0 [main] INFO util.PropertyMessageResources  -
> Initializing,
> config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings',
> returnNull=true
> 16 [main] INFO util.PropertyMessageResources  -
> Initializing,
> config='org.apache.struts.action.ActionResources',
> returnNull=true
> .F
> Time: 0.718
> There was 1 failure:
> 1)

testSuccessfulLogin(logic.struts.actions.TestLoginAction)junit.framework.Ass
> ertionFailedError: Error running action.perform():
> class
> java.lang.NullPointerException - null
> 	at

servletunit.struts.MockStrutsTestCase.actionPerform(MockStrutsTestCase.java:
> 339)
> 	at

logic.struts.actions.TestLoginAction.testSuccessfulLogin(TestLoginAction.jav
> a:32)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
> 	at

> )
> 	at

> .java:25)
> 	at

com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.TextTestRunner.main(TextTestRunner.java:12)

> FAILURES!!!

logic.struts.actions.TestFirstAction.testAction(TestFirstAction.java:47)