From qqa...@csd.abdn.ac.uk
Subject Problem with org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactusTask
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:33:05 GMT
Hi, I am having some problems with cactus. I am using jakarta-cactus-13-1.5-
beta1 version

All I want to do is to use cactifywar to create my test war and test it using
my browser. In order to do so, I created a taskdef in my build file:

<taskdef resource="cactus.tasks">
  <classpath>
    <pathelement location="${basedir}/bookstore-lib/cactus-1.5-beta1.jar"/>
    <pathelement location="${basedir}/bookstore-lib/cactus-ant-1.5-beta1.jar"/>
    <pathelement location="${basedir}/bookstore-lib/commons-httpclient-
1.5.3.jar"/>
    <pathelement location="${basedir}/bookstore-lib/commons-logging-1.0.3.jar"/>
    <pathelement location="${basedir}/bookstore-lib/aspectjrt-1.0.6.jar"/>
  </classpath>
</taskdef>

But my build fails with the following error message:

 " class org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactusTask cannot be found "

Previously, I had problems with eclipse plugin. I used to get errors: "class
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactifyWarTask cannot be
found "

Since both of these errors are regarding '...ant.', it makes me think there may
be something wrong with my cactus dist file. When I downloaded cactus, I did
not verify it. I also do not include cactus.properties file in my classpath. As
I understand cactus.properties is mostly used with RunServerTests task.

Any ideas?