From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: JUnit + Cactus + IntelliJ IDEA problems
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:23:18 GMT
Hi,

You don't need the constructor with JUnit 3.8.1 and Cactus 1.5.

> junit.swingui.TestRunner.main(new String[] {"MyRunnerClass"});
> }
>

> public void testRequest() {
> if (request == null) {
> fail("Request is null");
> }
> }
> }

This is better replaced by:

 assertNull("Request is null", request);

> i run it as JUnit in IntelliJ IDEA and when i do that, JUnit UI window
> shows me an exception:
>

> warning(junit.framework.TestSuite$1): Exception in constructor:
> testRequest
> (org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does
> not implement Log

[snip]

It seems you're not using a correct version of Commons-logging. To be
sure, make sure you use the one provided with Cactus (1.0.3 for Cactus
1.5-beta1).

Thanks
-Vincent

> Where is the problem? I'm using Cactus 1.5 beta 1 for J2EE 1.3 and
JUnit