From "Aaron Humphrey" <Humphr...@Kakari.com>
Subject Error instantiating class with 1.5b1
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:47:03 GMT
I've been having problems with Cactus and StrutsTestCase, so I thought I'd download the new
version, beta though it is.

Now, unfortunately, it can't even instantiate my classes.  What I get when I try to run my
CactusStrutsTestCase tests is:

ERROR [AbstractWebTestCaller] Error instantiating class [my.test.class.name([myTestName],
[null])]

in my Jboss/Tomcat log, and

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating class [my.test.class.name([myTestName],
[null])]
  at org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.getTestClassInstance(AbstractWebTestCaller.java:459)

(I'd provide more info if either my command window or my jUnit window provided cut & paste...)

These tests worked under Cactus 1.4.1.  I updated all the appropriate .jar files with the
ones from the 1.5b1 distribution.

I was hoping that the new version might fix the problem I was having with 1.4.1, where running
my CactusStrutsTestCase would somehow screw up my JSP's <html:form action="..."> mapping.

Aaron V. Humphrey
Kakari Systems, Ltd.