From "Wes Kubo" <wk...@galdosinc.com>
Subject RE: NoClassDefFoundError: ...ServletTestCase in Oracle 9ias
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:27:42 GMT
Upon closer inspection I had another copy of my test classes within the
EAR...just as you expected. I removed the extraneous classes and everything
went ok.

Thanks.

Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Lenz [mailto:cmlenz@gmx.de]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 1:58 PM
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: Re: NoClassDefFoundError: ...ServletTestCase in Oracle 9ias

Hi Wes,

Wes Kubo wrote:
> I'm just learning Cactus (with ant integration). I set up ant tasks to
> successfully cactify my WAR file, which is part of a EAR. To start, I
> manually deployed the EAR to Oracle 9iAS. In my browser, I was able to
> access the ServletTestRunner and it recognized my test class but I ended
up
> with the following exception:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cactus/ServletTestCase
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:488)
> 	at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:106)
> 	at com.evermind[Oracle9iAS (9.0.3.0.0) Containers for
> J2EE].naming.ContextClassLoader.defineClass(ContextClassLoader.java:1102)
> 	at com.evermind[Oracle9iAS (9.0.3.0.0) Containers for
> J2EE].naming.ContextClassLoader.findClass(ContextClassLoader.java:365)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:294)
>
> I can't figure it out because cactus-1.5-beta1.jar is in WEB-INF/lib.
Maybe
> I should try an earlier release.

Can you check that your test class is loaded from the web-app class
loader? For that it must be in WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib, but *not*
otherwise included in the EAR.

If that doesn't help, please describe what JARs/classes you have
included in the EAR in which locations...

BTW, this is a pretty common (and hard to track down) problem, and
probably won't be solved by downgrading.

-chris

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de