From dmk...@earthlink.net (David M. Karr)
Subject WebResponse.getHeaderField() no longer contains inserted headers
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 02:49:22 GMT
In the past, I've built Cactus tests where I call
"HttpServletResponse.addHeader()" in my "test..." method, in order to
communicate to my "end..." method some information I need to check for (since
there's no other practical way for the "test..." method to communicate to the
"end..." method).  In my "end..." method, I use "WebResponse.getHeaderField()"
to retrieve the header with an agreed-upon key.

This was working with Cactus 1.3.

I've now updated to 1.5beta1 (because this appears to be the "current"
release).  My tests are now failing because the call to
"WebResponse.getHeaderField()" is not finding the header.  Just to check, I
tried looping through the result of "WebResponse.getHeaderFieldNames()", and I
find that it does have some headers, just not the one I inserted on the
"client" side.

Has this machinery changed such that I have to do this differently, or is this
just a bug in the beta release?

dmkarr@earthlink.net   ; SCJP; SCWCD