From "Verburg, Martijn" <Martijn.Verb...@NBNZ.CO.NZ>
Subject Exceptions thrown from code not caught by test
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:59:14 GMT
Hi all,

I think I've gotten my head mixed up over class loaders or Remote vs Local
interfaces here, but here is my problem:

1.)  I have code in an EAR which throws a standard Business Exception.
2.)  My Test Case (deployed in a WAR) gets a local home for an Entity Bean
(in the EAR) and calls a finder on it.
3.)  The Test case (using the Entity Bean returned from the finder) calls
the code with the Business Exception, triggering that Exception on purpose.
4.)  The Test Case then does _not_ catch the Exception returned, even if I
set it to the base type of Exception itself.

However, it does work if I make the Exception a RemoteException, but I
_think_ I'm going over a local interface, so why the restriction to
RemoteException?

Cheers,
	Martijn

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged material.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or retain it.
If you have received it in error please immediately notify me by return email
and delete the emails.
Thank you.